One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small grey-brown North American spiny lizard that typically has bright markings and often basks on rail fences, logs, and tree stumps.
- ‘Uncharacteristically for most squamates, the Eastern fence lizard (S. undulatus) exhibits a Bergmann size cline over its geographic range.’
- ‘We are using comparative proteomics to identify candidate proteins that change with environmental conditions in zebrafish Danio rerio and fence lizard Sceloporus undulcttus.’
- ‘Species studied have ranged from mosquitoes to butterflies, from fish to frogs, from tiny fence lizards to giant land iguanas in Galapagos, from hummingbirds to ostriches, from mice to elephants.’
- ‘In fact, University of California, Berkeley, entomologist Robert Lane credits alligator and western fence lizards with reducing Lyme disease in the western United States.’
- ‘In fairness, they are absolutely beautiful, but fence lizards make just as cool pets and they are free if you're quick.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.