One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But Kathy says she steers well clear of steroids because she has seen first hand the devastating effects they can have on feminity.’
- ‘Is feminity only about asserting yourself as woman when you find yourself left behind in a swirl of progressive women?’
- ‘I think feminity is really important and very strong.’
- ‘One of the most important points to me is that I have always felt as though what constituted feminity was being defined by men.’
- ‘During the last few years, however, feminism in popular culture has declined dramatically, leaving many women and girls feeling embarrassed and ashamed of both their feminity and feminism itself.’
Late Middle English: from Old French feminite, from medieval Latin feminitas, from Latin femina ‘woman’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.