One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One of the most important points to me is that I have always felt as though what constituted feminity was being defined by men.’
- ‘During the last few years, however, feminism in popular culture has declined dramatically, leaving many women and girls feeling embarrassed and ashamed of both their feminity and feminism itself.’
- ‘But Kathy says she steers well clear of steroids because she has seen first hand the devastating effects they can have on feminity.’
- ‘I think feminity is really important and very strong.’
- ‘Is feminity only about asserting yourself as woman when you find yourself left behind in a swirl of progressive women?’
Late Middle English: from Old French feminite, from medieval Latin feminitas, from Latin femina ‘woman’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.