Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Is feminity only about asserting yourself as woman when you find yourself left behind in a swirl of progressive women?’
- ‘One of the most important points to me is that I have always felt as though what constituted feminity was being defined by men.’
- ‘During the last few years, however, feminism in popular culture has declined dramatically, leaving many women and girls feeling embarrassed and ashamed of both their feminity and feminism itself.’
- ‘But Kathy says she steers well clear of steroids because she has seen first hand the devastating effects they can have on feminity.’
- ‘I think feminity is really important and very strong.’
Late Middle English: from Old French feminite, from medieval Latin feminitas, from Latin femina woman.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.