Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Qualities or attributes regarded as characteristic of women.‘she alternated between embracing her femininity and concealing it’
womanliness, feminineness, womanhood, womanly qualities, feminine qualitiesView synonyms
- ‘The collection also highlights femininity through soft cutting lines.’
- ‘She's a woman, and dresses with style and femininity, which is wonderful to see.’
- ‘Be proud of your femininity, your intelligence, and your ability to create life.’
- ‘For many people, roses symbolise passion, sexuality and femininity.’
- ‘The destruction of femininity is an erosion of civilisation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.