One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘At least one person thinks I look all right in this,’ she laughed, examining the femininely cut tuxedo she wore.’
- ‘She batted her lashes and smiled, giggling very femininely.’
- ‘A person who puts on a skirt or makeup sends an obvious signal that he or she is dressed femininely, but a person in pants and no makeup could be dressed as any gender.’
- ‘It's not just women who would make great leaders (sensually, femininely, in the light of science), but also gay people.’
- ‘Unsurprisingly, with all the activities she was involved in, her tall figure was femininely muscular and pleasantly shapely.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.