One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
lady, girl, member of the fair sex, member of the gentle sex, femaleView synonyms
- ‘In the course of offering us these products, they fortify these notions of femaleness.’
- ‘The arresting part of this photo is not her femaleness, although foregrounding her gender seems to be the intention, but the condition of her gun, which is old, chipped, and rusty.’
- ‘The concept for this exhibition came from the Celtic pagan festival that celebrated the femaleness of things.’
- ‘He cross-dresses for the ‘feeling’ of being a woman and in order to assume the emotions and behaviours associated with femaleness, not for any erotic reasons or compulsions.’
- ‘For years I wasn't into wearing anything ‘sexy’, feeling that I would just be perpetuating a sexist objectified view of femaleness that was shoved down my throat via the covers of magazines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.