One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A male entertainer whose performance consists of dressing and acting like a woman.
- ‘The play features a number of men performing as female impersonators.’
- ‘Faced with the threat to his career as a female impersonator, he sinks into depression.’
- ‘Why am I able to spot a female impersonator at 50 paces?’
- ‘Star struck shop girl Elizabeth pretends to be a boy in order to perform on stage as a female impersonator.’
- ‘Can we call an artist a drag queen when she really wants to be called a female impersonator?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.