Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A male entertainer whose performance consists of dressing and acting like a woman.
- ‘Why am I able to spot a female impersonator at 50 paces?’
- ‘The play features a number of men performing as female impersonators.’
- ‘Star struck shop girl Elizabeth pretends to be a boy in order to perform on stage as a female impersonator.’
- ‘Can we call an artist a drag queen when she really wants to be called a female impersonator?’
- ‘Faced with the threat to his career as a female impersonator, he sinks into depression.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.