Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for female genital mutilation
- ‘They are now trained in various aspects of female health, and go from village to village educating women about the harmful effects of female circumcision.’
- ‘Another health issue affecting the Sierra Leonean American population has been the controversy surrounding the practice of female circumcision.’
- ‘Sometimes called female circumcision, this surgery robs girls of the possibility for sexual satisfaction.’
- ‘The painful and often deadly practice of female circumcision affects millions of women.’
- ‘One traditional practice that has attracted much attention in the last decade is female circumcision.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.