One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural fellow menone's fellow man/men
Other people in general.‘this has restored my faith in my fellow man’‘his every move in life was for the benefit of his fellow men’
- ‘Yet in these troubled times Dionne still has faith in her fellow men.’
- ‘No one has learned the meaning of living until he has surrendered his ego to the service of his fellow men and women.’
- ‘Nor am I a man in the eyes of my fellow man.’
- ‘To turn her away into the loneliness from whence she came would be a crime against our fellow man!’
- ‘He wanted to stimulate anthropological debate, to allow viewers to better understand their fellow men.’
- ‘I have wept at the horrors inflicted by man on his fellow men.’
- ‘We should not take pleasure in the misfortune of our fellow man, no matter how silly he may be.’
- ‘I want to improve the quality of life for my fellow men.’
- ‘We've watched the television series, seen the movie and all marvelled at the stupidity of our fellow man.’
- ‘Man has the capacity to forgive his fellow man.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.