One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Another animal or person considered in relation to oneself.‘I felt horrified that we could treat our fellow creatures in such ways’
- ‘Factory farming has no rules, no codes of honor, no little decencies to spare for a fellow creature.’
- ‘Cows are innocent herbivores that would never knowingly consume the rendered remains of their fellow creatures.’
- ‘It is the nature of humans to help their fellow creatures.’
- ‘I was brought up understanding that there were certain considerations to be extended to all fellow creatures.’
- ‘If you've ever looked into the eyes of a chimp or gorilla there's no denying that lurch of recognition for a fellow creature capable of complex thoughts.’
- ‘The killing of fellow creatures of the earth should not be done in a spirit of festivity.’
- ‘These teachers lack the very foundation of compassion: the ability to see their pupils as fellow creatures exactly like themselves.’
- ‘The company of one's fellow creatures was always the point of the public house.’
- ‘And we all wonder at the people who could inflict so much suffering on fellow creatures.’
- ‘Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.