One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Another animal or person considered in relation to oneself.‘I felt horrified that we could treat our fellow creatures in such ways’
- ‘I was brought up understanding that there were certain considerations to be extended to all fellow creatures.’
- ‘Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now.’
- ‘The killing of fellow creatures of the earth should not be done in a spirit of festivity.’
- ‘If you've ever looked into the eyes of a chimp or gorilla there's no denying that lurch of recognition for a fellow creature capable of complex thoughts.’
- ‘And we all wonder at the people who could inflict so much suffering on fellow creatures.’
- ‘The company of one's fellow creatures was always the point of the public house.’
- ‘Factory farming has no rules, no codes of honor, no little decencies to spare for a fellow creature.’
- ‘It is the nature of humans to help their fellow creatures.’
- ‘Cows are innocent herbivores that would never knowingly consume the rendered remains of their fellow creatures.’
- ‘These teachers lack the very foundation of compassion: the ability to see their pupils as fellow creatures exactly like themselves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.