One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Irish or Scottish festival of music and dancing.
- ‘But it is sad that in these days of relative prosperity that the traditional Easter feiseanna are in danger of becoming extinct because of a lack of cash.’
- ‘The feis competitions opened on Saturday and Sunday last with Irish dancing at the Southern Hotel.’
- ‘Plaques were given to dancers who gained most points at feiseanna during the year.’
- ‘Many of the Easter weekend visitors could be enticed to remain a few additional days, adding to the happy atmosphere provided by followers of the feiseanna.’
- ‘They don't even have to pay for uniforms and transport is provided for all classes and feiseanna.’
Irish feis, fess ‘meeting, assembly’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.