One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be inclined to have or do.‘I feel like celebrating’
want, would like, wish for, desire, fancy, feel in need of, feel the need for, long for, crave, hanker after, pine for, thirst for, be desperate for, be bent onView synonyms
- ‘After dinner we felt like a drink.’
- ‘I felt like crying most of Sunday and Monday, but that's normal.’
- ‘We're supposed to have dance class tonight, but I don't feel like going.’
- ‘He tried to joke, but I just did not feel like laughing.’
- ‘He felt like a walk and some food.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.