One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have no hesitation or shyness (often used as an invitation or for reassurance)‘feel free to say what you like’
- ‘You can only choose one director, but feel free to discuss or criticize others' choices.’
- ‘I'm in New York and you can feel free to email me.’
- ‘I hope you will feel free to contact me with your ideas and questions.’
- ‘And if something doesn't work, then feel free to change it, or make something else that does work.’
- ‘A manager told me that the lifeguards were confused, that it was not club policy, and that I should feel free to stay.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.