Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A food provided for cattle and other livestock.‘agricultural feedstuffs for pigs and cattle’
- ‘‘The bottom line is the costs have gone through the roof for feedstuffs, fertiliser and veterinary care,’ said Councillor Cronin.’
- ‘The greater variation in feedstuffs used in horse feeding compared with the feeding of other animals poses difficulty in determining all of the essential amino acid requirements for horses.’
- ‘Different feedstuffs vary in their phytate content.’
- ‘Limit-feeding of high concentrate feedstuffs and other least-cost diets have been well researched and established as viable alternatives to feeding hay for ad libitum intake.’
- ‘From the 1830s farmers began to use increasing quantities of artificial fertilizers and animal feedstuffs, pushing up productivity to new levels.’
- ‘Lower prices for alternative high protein feedstuffs such as soybean meal have resulted in lower prices for meat and bone meal.’
- ‘A supplement was formulated based on the results of the forage test, nutritional requirements of beef cows, and locally available feedstuffs.’
- ‘In addition, various combinations and processing methods of food waste and traditional feedstuffs should be further evaluated.’
- ‘In this instance, the dioxin source was traced to contaminated animal fats that had been added to chicken feed and other animal feedstuffs.’
- ‘His rations change daily according to available feedstuffs like citrus pulp, brewers grains, sorghum silage and other by-products of the area.’
- ‘It not only promotes appetite, but also enables the masking of unpalatable feedstuffs such as poor hay and silage.’
- ‘The diffusion of rye and oats, mainly reserved for animal feedstuffs in antiquity, was slow at first, accelerated from the seventh century onwards, and expanded dramatically in the tenth century.’
- ‘Several people have been concerned about the possibility of nitrates in the chopped feedstuffs.’
- ‘Some feedstuffs, particularly roughages, may appear to contribute enough amino acid to help satisfy the requirement.’
- ‘Avoid getting hay or other feedstuffs in the sample.’
- ‘Metabolizable energy was calculated using values for individual feedstuffs.’
- ‘The transition in digestive enzyme development will therefore have a direct impact on the type of feedstuffs used in formulating starter pig diets.’
- ‘Typically, if enough land is available in an operation to produce feedstuffs for the animals, there is enough land to apply manure nutrients to minimize environmental effects.’
- ‘However, seasonal variation among individual feedstuffs and environmental conditions do exist.’
- ‘The appendix tables cover the nutrient requirements for many species and composition of common feedstuffs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.