One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The mechanism in a sewing machine which feeds the material under the needle.
- ‘After edgestitching all the appliqués, set up the machine for free-motion stitching: Drop or cover the feed dogs, change to a darning or embroidery foot, and reduce the presser-foot pressure.’
- ‘Use a tear-away, wash-away or tissue paper stabilizer underneath so the feed dogs aren't grabbing ‘air’; remove the stabilizer after sewing.’
- ‘The ability to drop the feed dogs on your sewing machine and maneuver the fabric in any direction makes it easier to stitch a trapunto design.’
- ‘The trapezoid feeding system applies a four-motion rectangular path of movement for the feed dog, instead of the traditional elliptical motion.’
- ‘The foot needn't be specifically made for your machine, as long as it will properly attach to the machine and is centered over the feed dogs for even fabric feeding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.