One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of Australian architecture popular in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.‘the hotel was built in 1925, in Federation style’
- ‘You wouldn't think of moving to Switzerland and building a Federation style house with a low pitched roof—the snowy climate would ensure that your roof collapsed in the first week of winter.’
- ‘There's the classic 1920s Federation-style stand, then there's one that was added in the '70s.’
- ‘Our restored 19th Century federation style hotel is set in a quiet, leafy location surrounded by harbourside reserve.’
- ‘This Federation-style house needs a new owner who can breathe some life into its spectacular old bones.’
- ‘New buildings must conform to a late twentieth-century vision of Federation style.’
- ‘She will be moving into her charming federation-style character home next week.’
- ‘The Federation-style cottage was named winner of the best restoration of a heritage residential building.’
- ‘The federation-style warehouse building was once owned by a luggage manufacturer.’
- ‘He walked alone and unwatched past the post-war bungalows and federation-style weatherboard houses.’
- ‘Residents are opposing a development application of three modern dwellings on a site that previously housed a Federation-style property.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.