One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
By means of the central government as distinguished from the separate units constituting a federation.‘federally funded projects’‘the federally administered health insurance programme’
- ‘Plan sponsors have a federally mandated responsibility to make sure retirement savings plans are focused on serving the best interests of the plan participants.’
- ‘The Association maintains its cash in deposit accounts, which, at times, may exceed federally insured limits.’
- ‘The case of salmonella was found in a federally inspected plant.’
- ‘This problem can be approached locally, as well as federally.’
- ‘His company's plan is to tunnel from the national forest to the federally protected wilderness area a mile away.’
- ‘Legislators had introduced legislation both federally and in California that addressed records retention.’
- ‘The legislation devolved substantial responsibility to the states for all federally funded transportation programs.’
- ‘Today the Navajo Nation is the largest federally recognised Indian tribe in the US.’
- ‘Speakers discussed the federally backed insurance program to help livestock producers reduce market risk.’
- ‘Sixty percent of the more than 65,000 students in the DC school system qualify for the federally subsidized meal program.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.