One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
By means of the central government as distinguished from the separate units constituting a federation.‘federally funded projects’‘the federally administered health insurance programme’
- ‘His company's plan is to tunnel from the national forest to the federally protected wilderness area a mile away.’
- ‘Today the Navajo Nation is the largest federally recognised Indian tribe in the US.’
- ‘The legislation devolved substantial responsibility to the states for all federally funded transportation programs.’
- ‘Speakers discussed the federally backed insurance program to help livestock producers reduce market risk.’
- ‘The case of salmonella was found in a federally inspected plant.’
- ‘Sixty percent of the more than 65,000 students in the DC school system qualify for the federally subsidized meal program.’
- ‘The Association maintains its cash in deposit accounts, which, at times, may exceed federally insured limits.’
- ‘Plan sponsors have a federally mandated responsibility to make sure retirement savings plans are focused on serving the best interests of the plan participants.’
- ‘Legislators had introduced legislation both federally and in California that addressed records retention.’
- ‘This problem can be approached locally, as well as federally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.