One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lacking distinctive attributes or aspects.‘a featureless landscape of snow and ice’
- ‘It is a hot, dusty town on the flat, featureless central Texas plain.’
- ‘Lying in his featureless bedroom he hears a call come in on his answering machine.’
- ‘The nighttime mission was over featureless landscape that provided minimal visual markers.’
- ‘The site lies in the city's industrial belt, surrounded by featureless new apartment blocks.’
- ‘While the desert can seem featureless to some, the land's owners had already identified the best views for their future home.’
- ‘The main character is a 42-year-old marriage counsellor whose life has become drab and featureless.’
- ‘The walk should be reserved for a clear day as much of the high ground is relatively featureless and there is always the danger of straying too near the steep cliffs.’
- ‘It shows featureless grey sky above almost featureless green steppe, which stretches right out to a distant, dead level horizon.’
- ‘Some of the surface was smooth and featureless, indicating a process of filling in as with blowing, drifting sands.’
- ‘Two men stand side by side in front of a featureless, white background.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.