Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mobile phone that incorporates features such as the ability to access the Internet and store and play music but lacks the advanced functionality of a smartphone.
- ‘It is now clear that Nokia plans to take S60 downmarket, towards the feature phone market, as a further means to bolster its mid-market strength.’
- ‘The feature phone will offer a bare-bones Internet viewing experience, while the smart phone will attempt to merge PDA and an Internet cell phone.’
- ‘If a phone doesn't have that, but has email, a touchscreen and other bells and whistles, then it's a "feature phone".’
- ‘It expects to introduce the model, the 6650, at the same price as today's high end feature phones.’
- ‘While the majority of current Wi-Fi enabled handsets are smartphones, feature phone manufacturers are also beginning to incorporate this feature, providing double stimulus for Wi-Fi handset growth.’
- ‘But at $99, you're talking about a phone that better appeals to impulse purchases and competes directly against more traditional feature phones.’
- ‘The carrier-branded feature phones with their unique user interfaces were the first step in this direction, and the evolution of the operator as content provider is the second.’
- ‘Not surprisingly, these devices now account for over 90 per cent of the global smartphone or feature phone market.’
- ‘The MXC architecture enables smaller, more powerful, more efficient wireless platforms for feature phones and smart phones.’
- ‘Oh yes, outselling everyone else by a country mile across every mobile phone segment, yes smartphones, yes feature phones and yes dumbphones.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.