One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having, covered with, or resembling feathers.‘wisps of feathery blonde hair’
feathered, plumed, plumyflimsy, delicate, diaphanous, fine, thin, sheer, gossamer, gossamer-like, gossamer-thin, gossamery, gauzelike, gauzy, wispy, floaty, insubstantial, unsubstantial, ethereal, incorporeal, vaporous, airyView synonyms
- ‘Picking up a small dandelion as they walked, Sara struggled to blow off all the flimsy, feathery seedlings.’
- ‘That one sweet moment of tender love and care, wrapped up in a light feathery kiss.’
- ‘She stares down at the infant and reaches out to touch its fine, feathery black hair.’
- ‘I felt that weird shifting movement and a feathery light object grazed my bare skin.’
- ‘Hats must be worn, and not little feathery flimsy things, but proper ones which cover the crown.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.