One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having, covered with, or resembling feathers.‘wisps of feathery blonde hair’
feathered, plumed, plumyflimsy, delicate, diaphanous, fine, thin, sheer, gossamer, gossamer-like, gossamer-thin, gossamery, gauzelike, gauzy, wispy, floaty, insubstantial, unsubstantial, ethereal, incorporeal, vaporous, airyView synonyms
- ‘I felt that weird shifting movement and a feathery light object grazed my bare skin.’
- ‘She stares down at the infant and reaches out to touch its fine, feathery black hair.’
- ‘Hats must be worn, and not little feathery flimsy things, but proper ones which cover the crown.’
- ‘Picking up a small dandelion as they walked, Sara struggled to blow off all the flimsy, feathery seedlings.’
- ‘That one sweet moment of tender love and care, wrapped up in a light feathery kiss.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.