One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hairstyle with wispy feather-like points.‘my mother tried to give me a feather cut’
- ‘Feather cuts, glitter boob tubes, blue eye shadow, crimplene flares and highly flammable nylon shirts with collars the size of a jumbo jet do not fill the prospective Seventies clubber with confidence.’
- ‘The venue was packed with mullets, feather cuts and bleach jobs, with one deluded soul attempting to navigate the gloom in a pair of dark glasses.’
- ‘The more feminine the woman, the better the feather cut will look.’
- ‘Someone had dug up fantastic footage of miners who had been told by their bosses to wear hairnets down the pit; better that, the young men said, than abandoning their beloved new feather cuts.’
- ‘The snake-hipped Rod Stewart singing Maggie May inspired my first feather cut.’
- ‘If we are honest, we all made a few style errors in decades past, what with the Bananarama feather cuts and the root perms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.