One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It must be fearsomely confusing for foreigners.’
- ‘Whatever she dreams about makes her a fearsomely wild creature, all teeth and claws for a few seconds when she wakes.’
- ‘The headmaster and staff of the town's schools have a fearsomely difficult task in the face of an apparent lack of firm guidance from parents.’
- ‘We woke to a fearsomely frosty morning, the roads slick with ice, so I postponed my scheduled trip to Boston until lunch time, almost.’
- ‘At first sight the menu was fearsomely unexciting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.