One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounNZ, Australian
- ‘table 3 shows the FBT payable for a vehicle worth $30,000’short for fringe benefit tax
- ‘All payments are classed as FBT exempt and can be paid from pre-tax dollars.’
- ‘The amount of FBT payable is dependent on the distance travelled each FBT year and the price you pay for the car.’
- ‘Defence pays FBT on a range of benefits provided for personnel stationed in remote localities.’
- ‘It is possible to reduce your FBT liability to zero.’
- ‘The absence of an arrangement will mean FBT is not payable.’
- ‘The regulation provides an FBT reporting exclusion for some child tuition assistance.’
- ‘The cost of additional fuel and maintenance is likely to be around $1,000 less than the reduction in FBT.’
- ‘One of the most perverse incentives, however, is provided by the statutory formula method of calculating FBT for vehicles.’
- ‘The private use of employer owned or leased business tools will be exempted from FBT where provided primarily for business purposes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.