One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A communication sent and received by fax.‘she sent a fax message on headed paper’
- ‘The question was considered by Mr Harris and by fax message dated 22 June he concluded that there were insufficient grounds for a hearing of any preliminary issues.’
- ‘Such conduct has consisted in inappropriate actions, encounters, and communications by way of telephone calls, fax messages, and e-mails.’
- ‘In the normal course, notice of a booking is sent within days of the match by UEFA in a fax message to the player's association.’
- ‘He rang with regard to the matters referred to in my fax message, paragraph 5d.’
- ‘He received a fax message from the organisers of the World championships about the clash and wrote to the Pan African Games organisers.’
- ‘More than 3,000 fax messages flooded into the studio in one day, and kept coming well into the early morning hours.’
- ‘A fax modem comes with software that allows your computer to send files as fax messages.’
- ‘The calls can also be generated by firms sending fax messages to homes which cannot receive them.’
- ‘Inbox is a convenient location window where all your incoming telephone calls and fax messages are stored.’
- ‘It uses a modem connected to the server to send and receive fax messages and pass the received message to the correct desk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.