One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A communication sent and received by fax.‘she sent a fax message on headed paper’
- ‘More than 3,000 fax messages flooded into the studio in one day, and kept coming well into the early morning hours.’
- ‘The calls can also be generated by firms sending fax messages to homes which cannot receive them.’
- ‘He rang with regard to the matters referred to in my fax message, paragraph 5d.’
- ‘Inbox is a convenient location window where all your incoming telephone calls and fax messages are stored.’
- ‘Such conduct has consisted in inappropriate actions, encounters, and communications by way of telephone calls, fax messages, and e-mails.’
- ‘In the normal course, notice of a booking is sent within days of the match by UEFA in a fax message to the player's association.’
- ‘It uses a modem connected to the server to send and receive fax messages and pass the received message to the correct desk.’
- ‘He received a fax message from the organisers of the World championships about the clash and wrote to the Pan African Games organisers.’
- ‘A fax modem comes with software that allows your computer to send files as fax messages.’
- ‘The question was considered by Mr Harris and by fax message dated 22 June he concluded that there were insufficient grounds for a hearing of any preliminary issues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.