One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Preferred or recommended.‘she was his favoured candidate’‘the most favoured destination of visitors to Canada’
- ‘In this way, she enacted the role of the favored little girl, a role she had never been able to perform during her own childhood.’
- ‘In other scenes, they are also shown holding hands and nose-kissing, the favored form of kissing in ancient Egypt.’
- ‘At this point everyone urges a favored solution.’
- ‘For favored employees, there are lavish perks and lots of opportunities for advancement.’
- ‘Well, it seems I have adapted my daughter's favored method of coping.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.