One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An animal adopted as an official symbol of a State or Territory.‘Victoria's faunal emblem since 1968, the reclusive marsupial has had a troubled past’
- ‘Leadbeaters Possum, Victoria's faunal emblem, could be extinct in 20 years unless logging pressure is removed.’
- ‘The Southern Hairy-nosed Wombat is the faunal emblem of South Australia.’
- ‘We have logged almost all our old growth forests, cleared extensive areas of the native bushland, and threatened the long-term survival of our wildlife, even the koala, our state faunal emblem.’
- ‘The tiny marsupial is one of two faunal emblems of Australia's State of Victoria, but it has suffered badly since 2009.’
- ‘The Canberra Ornithologists Group seeks help for the week-long survey of our faunal emblem.’
- ‘The State Government decided to invest $11 million towards the recovery of the species as "a major commitment to the conservation of our faunal emblem".’
- ‘The federal government is reviewing whether Victoria breached a national forestry deal by not properly protecting the state's endangered faunal emblem from logging.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.