One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An animal adopted as an official symbol of a State or Territory.‘Victoria's faunal emblem since 1968, the reclusive marsupial has had a troubled past’
- ‘We have logged almost all our old growth forests, cleared extensive areas of the native bushland, and threatened the long-term survival of our wildlife, even the koala, our state faunal emblem.’
- ‘Leadbeaters Possum, Victoria's faunal emblem, could be extinct in 20 years unless logging pressure is removed.’
- ‘The federal government is reviewing whether Victoria breached a national forestry deal by not properly protecting the state's endangered faunal emblem from logging.’
- ‘The State Government decided to invest $11 million towards the recovery of the species as "a major commitment to the conservation of our faunal emblem".’
- ‘The Canberra Ornithologists Group seeks help for the week-long survey of our faunal emblem.’
- ‘The Southern Hairy-nosed Wombat is the faunal emblem of South Australia.’
- ‘The tiny marsupial is one of two faunal emblems of Australia's State of Victoria, but it has suffered badly since 2009.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.