One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The flat surface of rock along which a geological fault occurs.‘one block rests above the fault plane, the other below it’
- ‘Upward migration of heated hydrothermal fluids along fault planes may have been aided by seismic pumping.’
- ‘The size of an earthquake is not only a function of the amount of displacement but also the area of the fault plane that ruptures.’
- ‘The earthquake resulted from horizontal displacement of the ground across a nearly vertical fault plane.’
- ‘The point on the fault plane where the earthquake rupture is initiated is called the focus or hypocentre.’
- ‘Fractures are narrow, linear features that are marked by near-vertical fault planes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.