One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The flat surface of rock along which a geological fault occurs.‘one block rests above the fault plane, the other below it’
- ‘The point on the fault plane where the earthquake rupture is initiated is called the focus or hypocentre.’
- ‘Upward migration of heated hydrothermal fluids along fault planes may have been aided by seismic pumping.’
- ‘Fractures are narrow, linear features that are marked by near-vertical fault planes.’
- ‘The earthquake resulted from horizontal displacement of the ground across a nearly vertical fault plane.’
- ‘The size of an earthquake is not only a function of the amount of displacement but also the area of the fault plane that ruptures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.