Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for fixed oil
- ‘But a team of California researchers has found that a diet rich in fatty oils from cold-water fish can halt the progression of dementia - even in those who may be genetically predisposed to Alzheimer's disease.’
- ‘Essential oils can be distinguished from fatty oils because they can be volatilised by heat and will evaporate.’
- ‘The obvious outcome of all this, then, is that all the food is cooked in the same greasy, fatty oil, which has no where to escape and instead attaches itself to the food.’
- ‘You will therefore need to provide your horse with an additional source of omega - 3 with EPA / DHA to counteract the poor fatty oil balance.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.