Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A carboxylic acid consisting of a hydrocarbon chain and a terminal carboxyl group, especially any of those occurring as esters in fats and oils.
- ‘Vitamin E is more reactive than the fatty acid molecule and, therefore, reacts instead of it.’
- ‘The cellulose is digested by the bacteria and they supply the animals with short chain fatty acids.’
- ‘The carboxyl group on the fatty acid contributes some water solubility to the molecule.’
- ‘Soaps are created by the chemical reaction of a fatty acid with an alkali metal hydroxide.’
- ‘The most common monounsaturated fatty acids are those oleic acids found in most oils.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.