One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fat person.
- ‘I would never dream of going up to an overweight person and saying, ‘Hey fatso, how's it going?’’
- ‘He yelled a series of expletives at his unwitting assassin, a volley that culminated in the words: ‘Watch it, fatso!’’
- ‘The more demure ladies in the group recoiled in horror, but my fatso friends and I peered at this formidable dish in silent wonder.’
- ‘You deserved it, you self-righteous ugly fatso.’
- ‘She wasn't expecting her idea would be accepted, but she didn't like the idea of working for this fatso as one of the lowest servants either.’
- ‘So keep eating your sandwich, fatso, and you're gonna gain an extra 40 pounds on top of that!’
- ‘A genuine fatso - looking for the easy way out - would not have the strength or willpower to actually do those exercises!’
- ‘Most people who buy mobile phones seem to manage it just fine, fatso.’
- ‘This message goes out to the guy who yelled out at me when I was walking up St-Laurent on Saturday night: ‘Keep eating your sandwich, fatso.’’
- ‘Here was this strange little fatso living in my sister's kitchen, a sympathetic listener turning again and again to ask, ‘So, really, how are you?’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.