One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of being someone's father.
- ‘The idea of spiritual fathership that these biblical passages suggest became a dominant theme among early Egyptian solitary monks.’
- ‘He had no legal standing at this hearing, which Crowe pointed out to him, "unless you want to claim fathership of Callan".’
- ‘The notion of God's fathership is also prominent in the Old Testament.’
- ‘Fathership remained unchanged since there was never any inducement to supply the want of the legitimate father.’
- ‘It is possible that the fathership of the child born to the woman who remarries before the expiration of this waiting period can come into question.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.