Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A stupid person.‘you're a fathead who doesn't understand a joke’
idiot, ass, halfwit, nincompoop, blockhead, buffoon, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, imbecile, dullard, moron, simpleton, clodView synonyms
- ‘This manager apparently was a real fathead.’
- ‘What's there is a roaring, muralistic street scene peopled by fathead dreamers, mournful patriarchs, and shrill ideologues - the whole American carnival.’
- ‘Instead he's stoned with his fathead cousin throwing rotten eggs at luxury cars from an 11th floor balcony.’
- ‘Oh, and really, I work all day to ensure that fatheads like you get to drive your stupid cars around and never have to walk an inch in your miserable lives.’
- ‘That thing you were sent is written by a fathead anyway.’
- ‘The most infamous are those fatheads who are barely in their train seat before announcing the fact loudly into their handset.’
- ‘Why can't you understand what you're saying, you fathead!’
- ‘I want to hear him read some scary fiction or corny old poetry, play his nose flute, then get us all to open our windows and shout, ‘Excelsior, you fatheads!’’
- ‘Optimesse feels like real optimism and looks like real optimism, but it will never make you look like a fathead.’
- ‘And it is selfishness like that which will crush socialism, you fathead!’
- ‘It wasn't too long ago that the last place I would have expected to see him would be sitting in the hot seat beside that fathead, but things change.’
- ‘Rather we need to constantly criticise their ideas and ours so we don't become fatheads.’
- ‘This might be a good time to rethink your no-guns policy, fathead!’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.