One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A residential course for overweight children, promoting exercise and healthy eating to facilitate weight loss.
- ‘Today we are talking about fat camps in America and her support of the Free Society's work against government anti-obesity campaigns.’
- ‘Fat camps should be open to the widest range of youngsters as possible, and must be affordable to everyone.’
- ‘It looks like Microsoft is sending its portly player to fat camp.’
- ‘The hell with that: 13-year-olds should be at fat camp or at the junior-high prom, failing to grope their dates.’
- ‘The fat camp is the front lines of the war against obesity.’
- ‘Finally, my dad suggested I go to a "fat camp" called Camp Pennbrook in Pennsylvania.’
- ‘Health bosses have ruled out US-style "fat camps" to knock youngsters into shape but are trying to drive home the healthy eating message in schools.’
- ‘They have been lucky enough to obtain a place at Europe's only American-style fat camp here in Apperley Bridge.’
- ‘Fat camps are sort of like modern day concentration camps for the obese, save for the fact that concentration camp counselors were a hell of a lot meaner.’
- ‘A quick perusal of the pack led us all to think that we were in fat camp.’
- ‘Will fat camps be set up to compete with the Gaeltacht during school holidays?’
- ‘Ellin, a journalist and onetime fat kid herself, explores the sad culture of overweight adolescence, from diet meals to fat camps to surgery.’
- ‘The league is also doing more investigations into overweight horses, and its centres have become "fat camps" for animals that need to lose weight.’
- ‘Carnegie Camp is Britain's first fat camp for children.’
- ‘The warning came from Essex Rivers NHS Trust as Essex University announced it will run "fat camps" for overweight children this summer.’
- ‘Concerned over his intake of calories, several of Cartman's friends and family pitch in to perform an intervention and send the porker to fat camp.’
- ‘We could go to a fat camp but frankly what could they teach us?’
- ‘Meanwhile, a charity is planning to run American-style fat camps across Scotland to help children to lose weight.’
- ‘Fat camps are a way of telling them, in a round about way, that they are fat and you can't be bothered having fun with them.’
- ‘Every overweight kid fears the fat camp in the same way they fear death, and rightfully so.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.