One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cause (someone judged to be fat or overweight) to feel humiliated by making mocking or critical comments about their size.‘I get sick to my stomach thinking of all the people who took to Twitter to fat-shame her’‘a friend of mine got fat-shamed by a skinny hipster bartender there’
- ‘In just a few key Instagram posts, she took down entertainment articles that fat-shamed her and announced the release of her forthcoming book.’
- ‘They just fat-shame women who struggle post-partum and frankly, I am sick of them.’
- ‘The singer is no stranger to being fat-shamed.’
- ‘She said she was heartbroken when she saw people fat-shaming the man.’
- ‘In a touching show of viral support, a man has been identified and given a mass e-hug by thousands after he was fat-shamed by online bullies.’
- ‘The days of casually fat shaming women are OVER.’
- ‘In an uncalled for, extremely cruel moment, Wallace fat-shamed her during a radio interview on Friday.’
- ‘She couldn't believe Helen would fat-shame a pregnant woman and said it was like a knife in her own back.’
- ‘Our society often fat shames people they deem overweight, but many men and women consider very muscular women to be "gross" or "unappealing."’
- ‘Although lately, it seems that not a day goes by without some chucklehead in the media fat shaming her.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.