One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cause (someone judged to be fat or overweight) to feel humiliated by making mocking or critical comments about their size.‘I get sick to my stomach thinking of all the people who took to Twitter to fat-shame her’‘a friend of mine got fat-shamed by a skinny hipster bartender there’
- ‘Our society often fat shames people they deem overweight, but many men and women consider very muscular women to be "gross" or "unappealing."’
- ‘The singer is no stranger to being fat-shamed.’
- ‘She couldn't believe Helen would fat-shame a pregnant woman and said it was like a knife in her own back.’
- ‘In a touching show of viral support, a man has been identified and given a mass e-hug by thousands after he was fat-shamed by online bullies.’
- ‘The days of casually fat shaming women are OVER.’
- ‘In an uncalled for, extremely cruel moment, Wallace fat-shamed her during a radio interview on Friday.’
- ‘She said she was heartbroken when she saw people fat-shaming the man.’
- ‘In just a few key Instagram posts, she took down entertainment articles that fat-shamed her and announced the release of her forthcoming book.’
- ‘Although lately, it seems that not a day goes by without some chucklehead in the media fat shaming her.’
- ‘They just fat-shame women who struggle post-partum and frankly, I am sick of them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.