One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is a recipe for cutting out all the fat-headed tosh and codswallop about the need to ‘detox’ after the Christmas holidays.’
- ‘And that makes her under-graduate fabrications seem even more vacuous and fat-headed.’
- ‘Well, if that were the case, he'd show that fat-headed shogun-wannabe and his band of thugs who the real warrior was around the Old Pueblo.’
- ‘I am self-aware enough, and a harsh critic of myself, such that I consider these things, and ponder my own nature, wondering where - attempting not to be vain and fat-headed - just where in this spectrum I might fit.’
- ‘He has an excellent moment at the beginning: his silent flash of disgust with the fat-headed mediocrity lined up to marry Dinah is the instant he falls in love with her himself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.