One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A car with a rear that slopes continuously down to the bumper.
- ‘Most folks I've talked to would love to see a fastback, but you can make mine a convertible.’
- ‘Both originated from the mid sixties, one being a cool white notchback, the other a red hot fastback.’
- ‘It bothered me a little that I didn't have a pickup, and I couldn't see doing much off road driving with my Mustang fastback.’
- ‘Of course, as the Mustang is a fastback, the headroom in the rear isn't nearly what it is in the front: architecture has consequences.’
- ‘The body was low-slung, sweeping up to a neat fastback, the windows tinted dark.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.