One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person employed to display fashionable clothes by wearing them.‘they both dressed like fashion models’
- ‘He came from a fashion model background and had never had to work so hard to earn money.’
- ‘She was working as an oversize fashion model.’
- ‘Athletics encourage women to be strong and daring - necessary survival skills in an era when women are constantly bombarded with images of fashion models.’
- ‘Felice is a spicy little number making her living as a world-famous fashion model.’
- ‘Hence, I'm no fashion model, but I am getting richer with every passing year!’
- ‘Prior to launching her business, her career as a professional fashion model based in Toronto had taken her to Tokyo on contract.’
- ‘Olivia, a former runway fashion model, questioned whether her son's health problems could be linked to her use of cosmetics.’
- ‘Chloe's job, doing make-up for fashion models, only depresses her more; she makes other women appear glamorous, while feeling unappealing herself.’
- ‘The party at the West End had all the glamorous people in town ranging from celebrities to top fashion models.’
- ‘As guests nibbled caviar, fashion models sashayed down the catwalk showing off new phones costing as much as $625.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.