One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person employed to display fashionable clothes by wearing them.‘they both dressed like fashion models’
- ‘Felice is a spicy little number making her living as a world-famous fashion model.’
- ‘As guests nibbled caviar, fashion models sashayed down the catwalk showing off new phones costing as much as $625.’
- ‘The party at the West End had all the glamorous people in town ranging from celebrities to top fashion models.’
- ‘She was working as an oversize fashion model.’
- ‘Prior to launching her business, her career as a professional fashion model based in Toronto had taken her to Tokyo on contract.’
- ‘Olivia, a former runway fashion model, questioned whether her son's health problems could be linked to her use of cosmetics.’
- ‘Chloe's job, doing make-up for fashion models, only depresses her more; she makes other women appear glamorous, while feeling unappealing herself.’
- ‘He came from a fashion model background and had never had to work so hard to earn money.’
- ‘Hence, I'm no fashion model, but I am getting richer with every passing year!’
- ‘Athletics encourage women to be strong and daring - necessary survival skills in an era when women are constantly bombarded with images of fashion models.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.