Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Extremely interesting.‘a fascinating book’
engrossing, captivating, absorbing, interesting, enchanting, beguiling, bewitching, enthralling, enrapturing, entrancing, spellbinding, transfixing, riveting, mesmerizing, hypnotizing, engaging, compelling, compulsive, gripping, thrillingalluring, tempting, enticing, irresistible, tantalizing, seductivecharming, attractive, intriguing, delightful, diverting, entertaining, amusingunputdownableView synonyms
- ‘This book is a fascinating look into the process of municipal affairs and how it can go wrong.’
- ‘It's a fascinating book following the fortunes of the horse and its owners.’
- ‘This fascinating book is about community, urban regeneration and green issues, and the cycle of life.’
- ‘However, the book offers a fascinating, and at times shocking, treatment of the man's life and times.’
- ‘The book contains a fascinating history on Sheffield House and the Cassan family.’
- ‘Every day a fascinating fact, which has a healthy message, will be highlighted.’
- ‘How this turnaround came about is one of the subjects of this fascinating book.’
- ‘This is a fascinating book and well worth a read, especially to anyone living in Japan.’
- ‘Many horse racing fans will find this book a fascinating look behind the scenes.’
- ‘What makes your stories even more fascinating, however, is that they function at yet another level.’
- ‘This is a fascinating and thought-provoking book, laced with genuine wit and elegantly written.’
- ‘One of the reasons we found this story so fascinating and horrifying is that it's such a rare occurrence.’
- ‘This book tells a fascinating and disturbing story that frightened me nearly to death.’
- ‘So today it's time for some fascinating facts about prime numbers.’
- ‘These small blips, however, do not prevent this book from being a fascinating read.’
- ‘Another pastime that has kept me away from the keyboard is a fascinating book I've been reading.’
- ‘It is a fascinating book, every chapter filled with incident and surprise.’
- ‘Those who persevere or browse further than the main listings, will find some of the most fascinating chunks of the book.’
- ‘The book is a fascinating account of how great physical difficulties were overcome.’
- ‘This fascinating book is a summary of the work done so far with the available material.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.