One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the fascia of a muscle or organ.
- ‘Involvement of the sites of insertion of ligaments and tendons is manifested clinically as Achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis, and costochondritis.’
- ‘The inflammation is called plantar fasciitis and can be quite painful.’
- ‘Therefore, plantar fasciitis is the inflammation of an area inside the bottom of the foot.’
- ‘In contrast to plantar fasciitis, age-related heel pain is greatest in the center of the heel, and is usually not present on arising in the morning.’
- ‘It could be months before Mona's plantar fasciitis improves, but I have convinced her to change shoes every 300 to 500 miles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.