One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person employed to work on a farm.
- ‘She was born to migrant farm workers from Mexico.’
- ‘Agricultural pesticides may be applied by farmworkers or growers to reduce infestations of insects or rodents.’
- ‘Farm workers receive the lowest wages of any sector in the country.’
- ‘During early summer of 1999, interviewers recruited farmworkers at 36 housing sites.’
- ‘Approximately 30 percent of farmworkers migrated over the course of the summer.’
- ‘For migrant farmworkers, health conditions are even worse.’
- ‘Some farm workers make about $6.50 an hour picking apples.’
- ‘On that day in October, our research agenda was to document some of the variable housing conditions of farmworkers in different labor camps.’
- ‘Still later, social reformers found ample material to photograph in California - from migrant farmworkers to unemployed factory workers.’
- ‘Female farmworkers ' access to housing often is dependent on their relationship to male farmworkers.’
- ‘In the nineteenth century, there was a regular pattern of seasonal migration of farm workers from Ireland to Britain.’
- ‘The Safety Statement also includes safe farming procedures that must be applied by all farm workers for each task on the farm.’
- ‘The morning jolt of mariachi comes from Radio Bilingue, one of the nation's only public radio stations aimed at farmworkers.’
- ‘There are generally no other jobs available for unemployed farm workers in a rural area.’
- ‘Among the farm workers welcoming the weather was Paul Wainwright, of Holtby, near York.’
- ‘The risk of pesticide exposure among farmworkers is well established.’
- ‘There are an estimated 600,000 to 1 million farm workers in California.’
- ‘Thousands of farm workers, mainly Spanish-speaking migrants, have been laid off.’
- ‘The research was intended to make a contribution to validating the cultural citizenship of farmworkers in the U.S.’
- ‘In stripping farm workers of any union rights, the Tories claimed to be defending the traditional family farm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.