One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A market where local farmers and growers sell their produce directly to the public.
- ‘The 43-year-old father-of-two sold his chicken products directly to the public from his home and through farmers' markets in the county.’
- ‘Befriend family-run specialist firms, rare breeders and the bloke who runs your local farmers' market.’
- ‘Look for them in good produce markets or at farmers' markets.’
- ‘Their lettuce, fresh, clean and attractively presented at local farmers' markets, sells quickly and at a premium.’
- ‘Luckily we had a bag of fresh local arugula from the farmers' market in the fridge.’
- ‘Summertime means that local farmers' markets are open to sell the freshest, in-season fruits and vegetables.’
- ‘This trend has helped the rapid growth of local meat marketing through farmers' markets and other direct sales.’
- ‘The next step was to begin selling the beef at the local farmers' market.’
- ‘It changes every few weeks as the season's offerings reach their pinnacle at Seattle's local farmers' markets.’
- ‘Often young bulbing onions are sold as scallions at farmers' markets.’
- ‘She sells them at the local farmers' market in Tain.’
- ‘This helps to explain the growth in popularity of local farmers' markets in the area and delivery schemes of fruit and vegetable boxes direct to people's homes.’
- ‘However, an organic dairy farmer who rents land from us has diversified by selling vegetables at farmers' markets.’
- ‘People are turning once more to organic produce and local farmers' markets.’
- ‘Their stall has won first prize in the local farmers' market.’
- ‘The town council has agreed a farmers' market should sell locally produced goods on the second Friday of the month for six months.’
- ‘You can find heritage breeds and wild game birds at many local farmers' markets and in gourmet or organic retail stores.’
- ‘First off, forget the supermarket selection and head for a specialist cheese shop or your local farmers' market.’
- ‘Try eggs from free-range hens or products from a local farmers' market.’
- ‘I am amazed by the variety of breads sold in farmers' markets, particularly the sourdough and soda breads.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.