Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A type of pneumonitis caused by an allergic reaction to spores in mouldy hay.
- ‘Excessive or chronic exposure to airborne molds has been associated with illnesses, such as farmer's lung in agricultural workers.’
- ‘Similar results have been reported in patients with farmer's lung after controlled exposure to moldy hay.’
- ‘Some farm workers have developed respiratory problems such as chronic bronchitis, occupational asthma, or farmer's lung disease.’
- ‘Finnish farmers with farmer's lung and chronic bronchitis reported decreasing or eliminating their farm activities more often than other farmers.’
- ‘Several studies have found that emphysema occurs more commonly than fibrosis in chronic farmer's lung, even in nonsmokers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.