One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Most of the farmable land, in the middle of the country, is used as grazing pastures for livestock.’
- ‘China has about 20 percent of the world's population, but only 7 percent of the world's farmable land.’
- ‘With less than 3 percent of its land farmable and little industry, Chad is a desperately poor country.’
- ‘One hundred sixty of those acres are farmable, and about 80 of those are currently being farmed by a dozen thriving, independent farm businesses with scores of employees and thousands - if not tens of thousands - of customers.’
- ‘In addition, windmills, called ‘polder mills,’ pump excess underground water to keep these areas dry and farmable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.