One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A farm offering accommodation to paying guests.‘holiday apartments, farm stays, and B&Bs are found throughout the island’
- ‘It was then I had the idea of taking Aidan, who loves animals and being outdoors, to a farm stay.’
- ‘There are several huts, hostels, home and farm stays incorporated to make the going a little easier.’
- ‘The island has a range of B&B, farm stays and pub stays.’
- ‘For details of farm stays which include bed and breakfast or self-catering, check out this website.’
- ‘The farm offers visitors sweet strawberries, in fresh and jam forms, as well as farm stays, complete with a pool.’
- ‘I guess if you don't know a farmer, then try a farm stay for a completely new experience these holidays.’
- 1.1 A period spent staying on a farm as a paying guest.‘Invergargill is the perfect place to do a farm stay’
- ‘Family farm stays allow the whole family to sample life on a real working farm.’
- ‘The highlight is a farm stay on a historic sheep farm.’
- ‘It takes at least two days to drive, but is much better enjoyed over 4 - 5 days, or even a week, with time for farm stays, historic tours, fishing and river camping along the way.’
- ‘Participants will also have the option of a farm stay and to learn from and network with other leading young farmers.’
- ‘Then my Mom said we should do a farm stay.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.