One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An apprentice farmer.‘she ran the place with the help of two farm cadets’
- ‘He paid off the passage as a farm cadet in Gisborne.’
- ‘Farm cadets are selected for their proven interest in farming as a career.’
- ‘He came to farming through the farm cadet system, progressing through to manager, contract manager, Variable Order Sharemilking and onto Herd Owning Sharemilker.’
- ‘He is a product of the discontinued and much-mourned national farm cadet scheme through which he qualified to farm management level before going lower-order sharemilking.’
- ‘They ran courses for farm cadets and other specialised agricultural workers.’
- ‘His day job is at the prestigious Smedley Station in Hawkes Bay, teaching farm cadets skills including fencing.’
- ‘It was in farming matters that the Wanganui-born man made his lasting mark, following beginnings as a rural farm cadet.’
- ‘A farm cadet scheme is a medium-term answer to this urban drift.’
- ‘He had come to New Zealand at the age of 15 as a farm cadet and later worked as a clerk in the Auckland Harbour Board.’
- ‘It is becoming rather more difficult to find farm cadets and farm labour is not traditionally an attractive life in New Zealand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.