Small pieces of pasta shaped like bows or butterflies' wings.
- ‘The four-page menu shouted mixed messages from the front window: farfalle de marinara, churrasco Argentina, mussels white and paella Valenciana.’
- ‘Nutty sweetbreads, bitter greens, gently brash shallots, and velvety chanterelles suffuse farfalle in well-oiled repertory.’
- ‘For your third pasta dish, some fresh mushrooms sliced and fried in a little butter, chopped garlic and chopped parsley can be mixed into pretty little butterfly-shaped farfalle.’
- ‘I'm also looking at shrimp scampi over angel hair pasta and farfalle with turkey sausage & peas.’
- ‘I love thee to the depth and breadth and height of thy conchiglie and farfalle.’
Italian, plural of farfalla ‘butterfly’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.