One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to indicate that the truth is the opposite of what is being suggested.‘this doesn't make him boring—far from it!’
- ‘This is not to say that this is a bad movie, far from it.’
- ‘Of course the crew isn't all local; far from it.’
- ‘Fair enough, you might say, but it's not as simple as that; far from it.’
- ‘This isn't a bad record, far from it; it's just not punchy enough.’
- ‘We do not live in a perfect society, far from it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.