Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A competition in which participants select imaginary teams from among the players in a league and score points according to the actual performance of their players.
- ‘Participating in free mock drafts with other fantasy followers is just one appealing feature of our new fantasy football community: Fantasy Football Central.’
- ‘This is the complete package for realistic simulation football video game players that also spend their time managing a fantasy football league team.’
- ‘Not only did we spend most of the first day of the year in the car, our fantasy football team lost our league's Super Bowl.’
- ‘Whether it's for fantasy football teams, scouting or just out of curiosity, here are a few players who I reckon will catch the eye over the next 9 months.’
- ‘Vanderjagt not only is kicking better but also scoring more than anyone else, according to PFW's fantasy football's scoring system.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.