One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Maybe he was like all the others and I was fancifully making all his nice gestures up, it was all a figment of my imagination.’
- ‘They were not bound in leather, inlaid with gold, or covered in fancifully artistic renderings.’
- ‘Not so long ago, the major film critics in the U.S. fancifully tossed around the idea of the ‘death of cinema.’’
- ‘Even this outpouring of funds, though, won't take the technology to the level Crichton fancifully depicts.’
- ‘It would help to know who is talking fancifully and who is talking sensibly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.