One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sexually attractive.‘she was voted best female solo artist and the most fanciable female’
good-looking, attractive, nice-looking, handsome, lovely, beautiful, pretty, as pretty as a picture, stunning, striking, arresting, prepossessing, winning, fetching, captivating, bewitching, beguiling, engaging, charming, charismatic, enchanting, appealing, delightful, irresistibleView synonyms
- ‘Before you ask, he's called Paul and he's not fanciable.’
- ‘The blonde tennis player, who is considered one of the most fanciable women in the world, promotes a range of products.’
- ‘I know that he's supposed to be fanciable, but I can't see it at all; for some reason, this is the only one I like.’
- ‘Simple equation - the older I get, the more guys younger than me start to get fanciable, as they're able to grow beards and whatnot.’
- ‘When you take a good look at her, she's eminently fanciable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.