One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sexually attractive.‘she was voted best female solo artist and the most fanciable female’
good-looking, attractive, nice-looking, handsome, lovely, beautiful, pretty, as pretty as a picture, stunning, striking, arresting, prepossessing, winning, fetching, captivating, bewitching, beguiling, engaging, charming, charismatic, enchanting, appealing, delightful, irresistibleView synonyms
- ‘When you take a good look at her, she's eminently fanciable.’
- ‘Before you ask, he's called Paul and he's not fanciable.’
- ‘The blonde tennis player, who is considered one of the most fanciable women in the world, promotes a range of products.’
- ‘I know that he's supposed to be fanciable, but I can't see it at all; for some reason, this is the only one I like.’
- ‘Simple equation - the older I get, the more guys younger than me start to get fanciable, as they're able to grow beards and whatnot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.