One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fans of a particular well-known person, group, team, etc. considered as a distinct social grouping.‘they tried to widen their fan base by flirting with grunge’
- ‘If they try radical innovations, they might alienate the solid fan base that has sustained them down the decades.’
- ‘Today he has a small, but ever growing, loyal fan base and a vehicle to share those tunes with the world.’
- ‘Once a cinematic darling, Woody Allen has tested his fan base over the past decade.’
- ‘Clint is a throwback to the show-band era and his fan base consists of passionate old women.’
- ‘His learning curve has been steep so far and not only does his growing fan base expect him to succeed, he expects a lot from himself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.