One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fans of a particular well-known person, group, team, etc. considered as a distinct social grouping.‘they tried to widen their fan base by flirting with grunge’
- ‘Today he has a small, but ever growing, loyal fan base and a vehicle to share those tunes with the world.’
- ‘Once a cinematic darling, Woody Allen has tested his fan base over the past decade.’
- ‘Clint is a throwback to the show-band era and his fan base consists of passionate old women.’
- ‘His learning curve has been steep so far and not only does his growing fan base expect him to succeed, he expects a lot from himself.’
- ‘If they try radical innovations, they might alienate the solid fan base that has sustained them down the decades.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.